Friday, July 30, 2010

I Have a Stalker and She is SMOKING - Get Thee Behind Me Cigarette Sin

Ms. Pearl Aufrere, pictured to the left, 1915, is thought to be an ex English chorus girl who traveled to America, was widely photographed, graced many cigarette cards, was engaged to royality at some point and is thought to have married "very well" and thereafter blended herself into the obscurity that the "very well" of the time demanded.  Would that cigarettes and their devious hold on me fade as obscurely and as well!  Lawsy - I still want to light one up.


It's ridiculous, I know I'm past the physical addiction, the hard part is over with.  And still, I want a cigarette - knowing what one would lead to.  When I first whined about my angst with quitting - a friend emailed me that tobacco was like a stalker girlfriend.  You knew she was a psycho, - a negative balance in your life, your bank account and your sanity. With the loving support of friends,  you cut her out of your life.  But she makes sure you know she's still there, wanting you, always ready, and although you can never publicly admit it without being the fool, there are moments when you long for her too.  Thanks to Wet Linda - you know who you are - for giving me the analogy, cause even when they are darkly attractive, I've never been able to stand a stalker's controlling ego - so it's helped me want to continue kicking it's nether regions.

Worry beads do help!  Thank you Preston for that hint!  And to be honest, as I get more active and spend less time chair or bed bound, the urge recedes.  The monkey was riding me hard today though, it's been a slow day with my body, giving me too much time to get in trouble.  Perhaps I should just blog something everytime I feel tempted to smoke?

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

Yes- I hear you on this one- and the post below- Yes- Yes Yes- I wonder where it will all go and believe me you I will never- never send you a teddy bear, heart, or flowers on FB- good farking grief people!
Get a real life and give someone a real hug.
Hugs :) Meredith
oh- and have a nice day.....")!!!